The Murphy family’s association with Cork started some time between 1709 and 1711, with the arrival of Nicholas O’Murphy in Carrigrohane, west of Cork city. Jeremiah, son of Nicholas then moved closer to Cork, leasing land in Bishopstown. Jeremiah married Mary Anne Redmond and they had two sons, Daniel and Jeremiah.
The Murphy Brewery celebrates 150 years of brewing from 1856 to 2006 going from strength to strength; the now legendary stout is sold in over 40 countries and recognised worldwide as superior stout.
Murphy’s Irish Stout
Murphy’s Stout is a pure malt stout brewed in a totally natural process using natural ingredients, pale malt, roasted barley, chocolate malt, water, hops and yeast to give its distinctive black appearance.
Notes: A creamy head and full-bodied taste. A smooth, less bitter flavor with a touch of sweetness and creamy finish.